Cancer teaches you to cherish every second. In order to fully appreciate this new found knowledge, you’re going to need to know what you want out of your ideal life…
When cancer explodes into the world of someone you love, it really puts things in perspective for you. Suddenly you realize how much time you time you have been wasting without clear direction… you realize you haven’t been living your ideal life.
Don’t get me wrong, you may have had a great life before cancer exploded into it, but this whole experience makes your priorities crystal clear.
Most importantly, you realize that you don’t have all the time in the world. No one does.
You get one chance on this earth, with no idea how long you’ve got. So, if there are things that you want, you better figure out what they are and go after them.
Now let’s be clear here. These don’t have to be HUGE lofty goals unless you want them to be.
You are simply figuring out what you want your ideal life to look like. The things you want to do, see and experience. What matters to you? The “must have’s and “can’t misses”.
I should warn you, this is a pretty powerful exercise. Once you start writing all of this down on paper, it changes everything. It’s like you give yourself permission to believe it’s possible, and you may stumble on something you never even realized you wanted until right now.
How am I going to tackle my own goals and design my ideal life when I spend all my time helping my loved one battle cancer?
Find something manageable that you can tackle in addition to the battle.
Don’t start with goals like “traveling the world” and “opening up a restaurant” while you’re smack in the middle of the chaos. Consider the fact that you’ll have a ton of time “waiting” to brainstorm and plan ideas for the future.
These kinds of exercises provide a GREAT distraction and incredible things to look forward to…
Ready to get started?
Discover Your Ideal Life
Rate the following areas of your life on a scale of 1-10.
- Friends/ Relationships
- Personal Development/Time/Goals
Write a paragraph or two (or 5) describing why you gave yourself that score.
- Does that score make you happy?
- What would you need to do to get that score to a place that does make you happy?
- What areas have you been neglecting in your life?
- Which areas are you thriving in?
Figure out what you want your ideal life to look like?
Here are some great questions to ask yourself to figure out what you really want out of life.
- What is your purpose for being here?
- What change would you like to make to the world?
- If you had $1,000,000 and you didn’t have to work, what would you do with your time?
- What pieces of your life make you happy? What pieces of your life would you not trade for anything?
- What pieces of your life need major improvement?
- What subject would you love to learn more about?
- What do you want your ideal life to look like?
- What do you want out of life?
- What are your strengths? How about your weaknesses?
- What are the things you’re super passionate about?
- What are the things you care about most?
- If fear wasn’t an issue, what would you do?
- What’s holding you back?
- If you could do anything in the world, what would you want to be doing?
- What are the core values that really matter to you?
- Where do you see yourself in 1 year?
- 5 Years?
- 10 years?
How to make your ideal life a reality…
Start with the End Goal
What are you striving for? Be specific.
- Help my _______ battle cancer.
- Pay off the total balance on my Capital One credit card.
- Make an extra $200 per month.
- Start a profitable blog.
- Find a work from Home Job.
Make a Plan
Break the end goal into smaller steps.
What do you need to do to make this end goal a reality?
Brainstorm and write down all the steps you can think of.
- Do you need additional training or coursework to make this ideal life a reality? Where could you get that? (Hint: Udemy will get you started!)
- Do you need a certain amount of money to get started?
- Do you need to set-up a business? What will that entail?
- Will you need equipment you don’t already have?
Rework the steps into the correct order
Finally, you are ready to take your very first step towards achieving your goals! Cancer doesn’t make the world stop and it definitely shouldn’t make your goals stop. It might change them a little, but focusing on this stuff especially when things are bad helps you remember why its so important to keep going.
P.S. If you’re overwhelmed by all this cancer business, we can relate!
The Cancer Binder Pack will walk you through the quick and easy system we used for organizing medical information.
Step-by-step instructions, printable forms, and monthly calendar pages so you can ALWAYS find what you need when you need it. And, the best part it’s FREE…
This post may contain affiliate links. In order for us to maintain this website, some of the links in the above post may be affiliate links. This means that you can purchase the products we recommend at no extra cost to you. We only recommend products or services that we use and love and that we believe will add value to our readers.